Thursday, December 16, 2010

Why should I have to pay for auto workers health insurance when I can't afford it for my family?

It appears that the auto workers union is trying to get you and I to pay for their cost of health insurance for their members as payback for financing the Obama campaign. That sucks. They won't pay for my health insurance. The govenment should not give the union one red cent.
--------------------
So you want the companies to give back everything the Union won from them over the many years of service? I don't think this is going to happen unless you get a Universal Health Plan or one like they have in Japan or Europe. $30.00 dollars an hour can always be cut in half and lose the many paid *personal days* and excessive holidays ...like having election day off with pay just to vote..this would let the auto worker still get the same money but they would have to work instead of being on a paid vacation I worked 30 years for the UAW and Ford and I also spent four years in the Air Force in requistioning and base supply One thing the government and Ford Motor has in common? They waste so much money on overtime..premium time..and so many perks for the executives and the hourly...and also even the UNION The Union Plant Chairmen make well over $100K a year ..they get paid 12 hours a day seven days a week and on Holidays they get Tripple pay...Yes..I agree..take away half their money and make them pay for Dental, Optical, Legal Services, and of cours Medical Close the Health Centers in each plant and get rid of the Learning Centers that hire about 3 to 5 school teacher per plant... So many perks could be just cut to the bone if they wanted to save and stop scrapping so many cars and materials I have seen one Department lose $20 milliion dollars a year..and they thought this was good?
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment