Thursday, December 16, 2010

Can someone whos already pregnant get on health insurance?

I've been meaning to get health insurance but now i think im pregnant and im kicking myself because i didnt get it earlier. Will an insurance agent accept me if I tell him/her im already pregnant? And if omit that, will they ask my doctor, for proof that im not being fraudulent, when i conceived the baby?
--------------------
Most of the time, if the policy HAS maternity coverage, there's a waiting period before the maternity kicks in - like 6 months to a year. So they won't cover THIS pregnancy. The only realistic way to get this pregnancy covered NOW, is to apply with your state Children's Health Insurance Program - they cover maternity benefits for the mother of the baby. There are income requirements, but they are much looser than Medicaid, and the baby already counts as a second person.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment