Thursday, December 16, 2010

Can you help me understand health insurance in the UK?

I want to get private healthcare, but I'm unsure whether private health insurance (through BUPA or another such company) or just paying for a consultation with a private Doctor would be cheaper? If I sign up to a health insurance scheme, like BUPA, do I have to wait a period of time before I make a claim, or can I ask for treatment immediately?
--------------------
NHS is free providing you are resident and working, paying tax and NI. I suggest you telephone BUPA and ask them about if you have to wait x amount of months. As for paying cash, do not know. Either way Private or NHS, you have to be reffered by a GP and if they refuse to refer you, then you do not get any further.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment