Thursday, December 16, 2010

I have 2 different health plans,can I use the new one as my only insurance and completely ignore the other one?

the first one will expire in 6 moths, and I have no interest in using that one. Can I shred the cards from the first one and use my new insurance as my one and only health plan? Would I get any problems from the providers? Both are group health insurance. Thank You.
--------------------
shredding the card does not make the policy go away. if you don't want it anymore, you may be able to drop the coverage now. typically, enrolling in a new plan counts as a qualifying event to drop coverage before the termination date. if your policies are with the same company, they will know about both. because your new plan is from your employer it will probably be the primary policy anyway & the second one will just pick up any co-pay or out-of-pocket expenses. oh. and medical providers HATE when you don't tell them about all of your plans. it will be discovered at some point & you're just making extra work for someone else by not providing complete & accurate information.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment