Saturday, July 16, 2011

Was I signed up for health insurance illegally and will this affect my credit?

If someone signed me up for individual health insurance without my knowledge and I am receiving bills stating that my account will be terminated if I do not pay and I have past due payments, but the person who signed me up is stating to not worry about it, the coverage will just waive and terminate if you don't pay, do I need to worry about this? Will this balance go on my credit report if I do not pay? If I am trying to sign up for individual insurance through the same company, will this affect me being able to apply because of them seeing that someone already signed me up without my permission and I have a due bill? Please answer if you have true knowledge or experience with this as I am heated that I was signed up for something against my will probably for someone to benefit monetarily from signing me up and now I am getting billed. Thanks
--------------------
They are right, it will just waive and terminate if you don't pay. No credit report issue, if you didn't use it. The company will probably not take you back. Why would someone ELSE have signed you up for health insurance? MOST of the time, well, always, that I've ever seen, YOU have to sign the application. Did they forge your name? Who in the WORLD would have benefited monetarily from your heatlh insurance, besides YOU?? That doesn't make any sense.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment