Saturday, July 16, 2011

Anyone ever switch health insurance while pregnant?

Only in the good ol USA do we have to stress about how in the world we're going to afford medical bills.. I have United Healthcare right now but they do not offer maternity coverage at all unless Im on a group plan. That is not an option for me because my work doesn't offer insurance. I've checked into BCBS but would they consider being pregnant a "pre-existing condition". I have a call in to a rep and am waiting for a call back but I'm just looking for advice or experiences pleeease. Thanks
--------------------
This lovely country we live in! Most won't let you, since they see it as a 'pre-existing condition' (so dumb!) I didn't have any when i got pregnant and my husbands insurance wouldn't let me switch on to his. So i go to a birthing center and pay out of pocket...which is cheaper than insurance :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment