Saturday, July 16, 2011

Is psychiatry covered by health insurance? I feel like I need it, but I don't have the money to pay for it.

I'm not sure how to check. I don't want my parents to know that I'm seeking help, but I am eighteen and am under their health insurance.
--------------------
if they are on a "group policy" through their employer's plan, chances are good that mental health issues are covered. if, however, they are self-employed and have private health insurance, chances are very slim they mental health visits would be covered. maybe you could find out which it is. they will find out that you are seeking help if you go to a psychiatrist because the 'eob' report...explanation of benefits report will be sent to them following any office visit that you may have....see if there is any possible way that you could discuss this with them...if not, talk to a psychiatrist's office that you have in mind and explain the situation. see what kind of feedback he/she might have.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment