Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What kind of health insurance do I qualify for?

My father recently died, and I was covered under his health care policy. Not that he's gone, no one in my family is covered any more. I'm a student in college and I don't have health insurance now. I need it. Would I qualify for medicaid or something like it? The school doesn't offer anything for students here. Any help would be great. Thanks.
--------------------
You need to check with your state's welfare department or social services division. If you are 18 years old, you are not eligible for your dad's social security benefits as those end at 18 college or not. If you get sick, go to your local clinic, tell them you do not have anyone else that can pay for you, and they will have you fill out a form for free treatment. Many times you don't have to pay at all. No matter how they ask you, don't mention your mom or give her address or they will bill her even though legally she is not responsible. Maybe you could work part time to get health coverage of some type. I am so sorry that you lost your Dad at such a young age.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment