Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Do you have a hard time getting efficient medical care even though you have health insurance?

My sister's health insurance threatened to make her pay from her pocket for an MRI, until she told her insurance company that she had already had an MRI. Then, as if this was not too much already, her doctor finally realized my sister is in a lot of pain--she has to take pain pills just to lay down to sleep. What gives here?
--------------------
About 10 years ago I sliced my arm open, requiring stitches. Had good PPO insurance. Went to urgent care facility, showed my card, never even sat down but walked past everyone sitting in waiting room, got sewn and they were all still sitting waiting as I left. It wasn't bleeding much since was such a clean sharp cut, there was no actual emergency, just needed stitches.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment