Monday, June 6, 2011

Health insurance cost listed by state?

I will be getting done work next year and would like to retire to a state where I can better afford medical insurance for myself and my wife. I now live in Maine and the health care cost is just overwhelming. Is there any listing of states (highest to lowest) that would tell me which would be the cheapest to retire to?...thanks, Vince.
--------------------
While it's true that location is one of the factors that determine private health insurance premiums, most of the factors depend on your specific circumstance. I've included links to statehealthfacts.org, a Web site produced by the Kaiser Family Foundation. It provides a lot of information on health insurance usage, government spending, medical insurance costs, and other data by state. I've also linked to an AARP collection of state HMO report cards that might be useful in terms of comprehensively evaluating health plans available in a state you might be considering. Remember that price is just one factor. You also need to think about the quality of care. You might be better off paying more for insurance if you live in a place that offers superior medical facilities and physician staffs. You can compare health plan prices quickly at MostChoice.com. You can also talk with health insurance agents through the site without obligation or cost. You can find it here: http://www.mostchoice.com/health-insuran… Hope this helps, Barnes@MostChoice
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment