Monday, January 3, 2011

Where do I find if my employer has to keep paying for my health insurance since I am not eligible for cobra?

My employer does not have to offer me cobra because the business is too small and does not fall in the guidelines for offering cobra. BUT my last day is the 15th and my health insurance is due to be paid on the 14th. Is there a law that they have to pay anymore health insurance for me (ex. maybe next 30 days) or does my coverage stop when I quit?
--------------------
Even if it's paid on the 14th, to the health insurance company, the employer can cancel YOUR coverage effective the 16th. Or, maybe it stays until the end of the month you were employed in (Nov 30th). You'll have to ask the employer - it's actually up to their INSURER, not them.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment