Monday, January 3, 2011

Health Insurance or keep suffering from abuse?

Alright, this is the situation that I am in. My father is mentally ill. He has terrorized my family for the past couple of years and has abused my mother and my other siblings. We have now have the option of putting in him in prison where he will not bother us and hopefully get help. My question is, he is retired from the Navy. If he is put in jail, would we lose health insurance that is provided by the military? My mother works very hard but cannot afford this and I have siblings around 10 to 12 years old. What are some of our options?
--------------------
You are in a tough spot, but what good is having health insurance if the price is the possibility of someone's death? You can approach the Navy Adjunct with the problem and they can seek to incarcerate him in a hospital that will not only maintain your health insurance but get him much needed therapy as well. If he seriously injures on of you you will end up without his health insurance anyway if he goes to prison. The Navy can, thru your mother, request a psychological evaluation on the premise of this domestic violence and help to maintain the insurance. Violent abuse without therapy only gets worse....and no amount of health insurance can return life. You can contact your nearest Fleet and Family Support Center for information on available resources.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment