Monday, January 3, 2011

How can I help my friend (under 18) who doesn't have health insurance?

My friend's parents are yoga-teaching hippies, and they don't believe in modern medicine, so they don't bother with health insurance. My friend gets sick all the time and I'm really worried about her. She's never been to a doctor in her life, all she takes are homeopathic herbs but they don't help. Can I take her to my doctor? What can I do? Thank you
--------------------
Why don't you call your doctor's office and see if there is anything that they can do. If you explain the circumstances beforehand, and explain that she has no health insurance, they may be able to work with you to find a reasonable cost, rather than charge your friend an arm and a leg for having no insurance. Some doctors may not even take your friend because she has no insurance. So my suggestion would be call the doctor, explain that the parents practice alternative medicine (don't call them yoga-teaching hippies), and explain that your friend is constantly sick and you are worried that she is getting worse.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment