Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What is 1500 Health Insurance claim form?

I have received the 1500 Health insurance claim form from a service provider. I want to ask some questions. What is 1500 Health Insurance claim form? When I receive this form, what will I do next?
--------------------
The CMS 1500 (formerly HCFA 1500) is a form used for medical billing. Its what all professional providers use to bill medical claims. (Institutional providers - ex. hospitals - use the UB-04.) If your provider gave you a 1500, then I'm assuming that you're supposed to submit it to your health insurance company for reimbursement. That's the only reason you'd ever need one of those forms - to get reimbursement from a health insurance company. Did your provider complete the form for you, or do you need to fill it out yourself? If its already filled out for you, then just make a copy for your records and mail the form to your insurance company's claims address.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment