Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cobra insurance eligibility - is one ineligible if one has ANY health insurance eligibility?

I am just divorced from my former wife, and lost the coverage under her policy. I have COBRA available to me, however the conditions say I am not eligible if I have available insurance that does not exclude preexisting conditions. Simultaneously, my employer has cut back our health insurance, already worse than ex-wife's, to a level that alarms me. Is there a way I can get that COBRA insurance despite the inferior insurance available to me through my employer?
--------------------
Why don't you just buy an individual plan and call it a day? If you're healthy it's likely cheaper anyway...especially if your boss isn't picking up at least half the tab.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment