Monday, December 27, 2010

New job and health insurance: how will current prescriptions be affected?

I recently graduated college, and at about the same time I was diagnosed with brain cancer. I had surgery and now am going to start chemotherapy. It's a two year program, and I'm worried that when I get a new job that there will be a gap between my current health insurance, or if they won't cover it because it's a pre-existing condition? Any thoughts on this?
--------------------
If you have health insurance currently, and there is not more than a 63 day break in coverage between that coverage and new coverage, it is NOT a pre-existing condition. If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask to review the new job's medical plan prior to accepting the position. A good employer won't refuse. Just make sure your current provider's are still preferred or, if the new plan is an HMO, contact the administrator and ask whatever questions you need to ask.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment