Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Can my live in boyfriend add me on his health insurance policy if he is separated?

His wife & kids are also covered. They can't reach financial agreement about division of assets so separation has been working for us. My boyfriend & I have been living together for years now and our relationship is not a secret. I need health insurance and since I'm his dependent I don't see what the problem should be. Will he have to list me as his "life partner" like same sex unions?
--------------------
"babydust ttc"? Please put those plans on hold until after you are insured....and after your boyfriends other marriage is officially dissolved. It will make life easier for everyone (especially your unborn kid). But no. You can't claim your wife AND your girlfriend on your insurance benefits.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment