Monday, December 20, 2010

Is it wrong to wait till your baby is born to get divorced from a military guy for health insurance?

My husband filed for divorce when I was 5 months pregnant. I hired a lawyer to help delay this divorce because I need health insurance while Im pregnant and I cant switch that late. Im just wondering why people seem to think Im just "using" him.
--------------------
I don't think it's wrong. Does he want to pay for you to give birth? Probably not, so what's the harm in staying married to you for a few more months so that it's covered. I can't see him wanting his child's mother to go into debt and have less money to take care of the child just because he was selfish and insisted on getting out of the marriage right away. (I don't think the fact that he is divorcing you would be selfish, just the part about having to do it right away).
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment