Monday, December 20, 2010

Can you buy two individual health insurance plans?

Can you have more than one Health Insurance Plan for your self? I have to buy my own insurance, but even the best individual insurance is crappy and I wanted to now if people ever buy two insurance plans? The insurance i have now only lets me see the doctor twice a year. If I got another insurance plan would it pick up where the other left off?
--------------------
No, it doesn't work that way. Most carriers require you to agree to cancel your existing policy when you apply for your new one, and if you have two policies one is going to be primary, and the other secondary. You will reap the benefits of the better plan, but where they overlap, only one will pay. What you might want is be a supplemental or limited benefit plan to go along with your insurance policy. These are not insurance policies and I usually don't recommend them. I think your money would be better spent buying a better single policy, or an HSA type of plan and banking the savings. Don http://mtnhealthinsurance.com
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment