Monday, December 20, 2010

How come Wal-mart, the largest private employer with 11 billion in profits can't provide good health insurance?

The company is well known for their lousy pay, employee abuse and lousy health insurance. Why do people patronize such a business?
--------------------
I believe that the name of Wahl-mart should be changed to "Made IN China". Many more of their items carry this statement than anything about Wahl-mart. The once store once known for their slogan "Buy American" seemed to die with the passing of Sam Walton. I for years tried to explain that the cheap goods were at the expense of American workers. With virtually all American manufacturing being forced out of the country, not due to high American wages, but primarily due to extreme ecology regulations placed on American manufacturers but placing no restrictions on goods manufactured in places like China, India, Mexico, Vietnam, and others. Now the harsh realities have come home in the form of millions of lost jobs. I loathe Wal-mart and do not shop there. Further more, each and every time that I shop and find a store that only has the item I want "Made in China" I ask if they have the same item "Made in America". If they do not I simply inform them that I do not buy inferior products and leave the store. "If it is not Made In America, I don't need it".
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment