Monday, December 20, 2010

Can I still a prescription refilled if I lost my health insurance and still had one refill remaining?

I am changing my health insurance through my employer because my old HMO was dropped so I'm just waiting to get enrolled in a new plan. When I go to refill the prescription will they fill it? Or will they just make me pay full price, which I don't mind. Thank you for answers.
--------------------
If you don't have an active insurance going when you to get your refill, you will have to pay full price. I would explain what is going on to the pharmacist and see if you can get reimbursement when your get enrolled in your new insurance. Sometimes they will do that. Full price will depend on the drug as they all have different prices. If it is a relatively new drug on the market, full price will be much higher.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment