Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Is it worth for me to get health insurance?

I am 35 years old, healthy, have not been sick for years. I live pay check to pay check. I could budget and buy the minimum health insurance, but friends have told me it's a waste of money if I don't health issues. If an emergency happens, rarely would the minimum coverage cover anything at all. You're more screw if you don't have any savings or financial assects. If so, is it safer to rely on medical?
--------------------
I'm not sure what state you live in - in MA you have to have insurance or they will withhold your tax exemption credit - but if you are living paycheck to paycheck, check with social services and see what kinds of insurance they have that you can afford. You may qualify for semi-free care. Everyone should have medical insurance - there are too many ways to get yourself hurt (not your own fault) out there. Please find out what your local city or state government has to offer - there is no shame is getting something your taxes have already paid for. Hope this helps. =) And stay well.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment