Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How can I qualify for health insurance?

I am married, 18 years old and I am most likely pregnant (I am 2 weeks late and have had a positive home pregnancy test). I have no health insurance, and neither I nor my husband has a job and we have no income. We live in Tennessee. I am wondering if I qualify for health insurance, even if I have no income?
--------------------
Once you're already pregnant, no private health insurance company will sell you a policy. No idea how you live, with neither of you working, but you'd most likely qualify for welfare health insurance - Medicaid. If you live with one of your parents, and they actually support you, though, then their income "counts" as eligibility, and you might not qualify for welfare. Don't forget to explore your birthing options - the most expensive method is also the most dangerous, for both mother and child. Most popular, too, here in the USA.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment