Sunday, December 26, 2010

How do I treat my Oral Thrush without any health insurance?

I think I've had Oral Thrush on my tongue and the roof of my mouth for about six weeks now, since I initially developed a viral bronchitus that developed into a secondary bacterial infection in my sinuses. I typically see dr.s in a free community clinic. And I sometimes visit my primary clinic but now have to pay $50 fee each time since I do not have state funded health insurance yet b/c I'm still unemployed. I applied for the state health insurance two months ago but it takes forever. Anyway, do I waste my time at the free clinic again where a dr. there (I never see the same one twice b/c they rotate so often) about a treatment? Or do I spend another $50 just to see an ENT (who knows if I have to wait another 4 weeks to get an appt. either) to get a treatment for my Oral Thrush. I am scared it will spread down my throat to my lungs if I wait any longer. I did call my clinic's afterhours primary care line. A nurse told me to swab dish soap and baking soda on the Thrush. Please help!
--------------------
Your condition sounds moderate to severe and therefore needs to be treated with an antifungal medication. You will find a list of these medications listed at www.webmd.com under drugs and treatments. Click on drugs and treatments, then click on treatments by condition and type in Oral Candidiasis. Write down these treatments and return to the free clinic and ask the doctor there to prescribe the best antifungal medication for you. You will have to come up with the money to buy it...but worth it to get rid of this condition which is a yeast infection. If your condition is severe you will need medication twice as long as the usual dose. If the free clinic doctor does nothing then start complaining everywhere you can beginning with the head of the free clinic. The lack of medical care in the US is Appalling! Please note....WebMD also lists homeopathic remedies among other useful resources. However you can spend a lot of money on these remedies when one prescription will do the trick and probably cost less. I hope you get well soon. I've had Oral Thrush and it is no fun.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment