Sunday, November 21, 2010

Will my health insurance company notify my parents that I dropped out of school?

I went to the doctors about one week ago. We got a bill from my insurance company that requested proof of my student status before they payed the bill. However, I dropped out over a year ago and my parents do not know. If I pay the bill myself, is there a chance that my health insurance company might still find out and then notify my parents about my student status?
--------------------
You'll be dropped from your parents' insurance company, if you don't provide student information by the deadline. Your parents will eventually find out that you aren't on their insurance plan any longer. By not telling your parents that you dropped out of school, you made them a part of insurance fraud. Technically, they could get in trouble with their employer for this.' (Why in the world did you go to the doctor and use your parents insurance, if you dropped out of school a year ago??)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment