Sunday, November 21, 2010

How long after an employee is hired should they start receiving health insurance?

I was recently hired at a company full time but they said I would have to wait 6 months before I would receive health insurance. Is this reasonable? Legal? I always thought it was 3 months.
--------------------
Of course it is LEGAL!!! LOL Having health insurance is NOT mandatory by law, that is called a benefit. You "always" thought wrong. My employer has it start on the 1st of the month after you are hired. My last employer was 90 days. There is no law that FORCES employers to offer health insurance AT ALL!!! If you don't like it, work somewhere else. Or you can try to be thankful that you have a job at all, and be happy that you get health insurance. Health insurance is NOT an entitlement.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment