Sunday, November 21, 2010

Is there an organization I can join to get group health insurance rates?

I am going to end my employer health insurance coverage if I can find a better one. Are there any associations or organizations one can join that provide members a way to join a group health insurance plan? I'm thinking of organizations like art organizations, or professional organizations.
--------------------
"Group" policies through associations and the like are a marketing gimmick designed to make the average consumer think they are getting a deal. The premium for these plans are either the same as a regular individual policy or the benefits are cut to allow a lower premium. Any savings I've ever seen are more than made up by the dues of the association. The plans are individually underwritten so you can be denied or the rates increased base on your health.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment