Sunday, November 21, 2010

What are my options for health insurance?

Hi, after my birthday (May 12th), I will be dropped from my parent's insurance policy because I am not a full-time student (one of my professor's dropped me for a terrible reason, not that it matters). I am unemployed, and broke. I have been trying to find a job since last June to no avail. What are my options, if any, for health insurance? Is there a low-cost / "free" plan that I can get aboard when I become a full-time student again in the summer or fall?
--------------------
Here are your options: 1. Continue on your parent's plan, through COBRA, for up to 18 months at your own cost. 2. Apply for welfare health insurance - Medicaid (you have to qualify) 3. Look a lot harder for a job - lower your standards, or make your own job. Lawn mowing season is almost here, as well as summer child care while school's out. Once you're full time again, you can likely be added back onto parent's policy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment