Sunday, November 21, 2010

What Health Insurance can a part time student get?

So my Aetna coverage will end next week on my 22nd birthday. Since I'm not a full time student (only part time) I won't be covered till I'm 23. I'm working part time and currently looking for a full time position. But till then do I have to live without health insurance, or do you have any advice which plan is most cost efficient and beneficial to someone right out of college?
--------------------
Most insurance companies have policies that can be effective as early as the day after you sign up and will last for up to 90 days. This is good to fill a gap if you are pretty certain you will find a group policy in the mean time. Otherwise, you can sign up for an individual policy if the employer you find doesn't offer benefits or your job search is taking longer than you anticipated. Go talk to an independent agent.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment