Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How can I add my husband to my health insurance? He is an immigrant with no social security number yet?

We have not filed our paperwork with the USCIS but will be doing so soon as we are trying to get all of our documentation together. Will it be possible to add my husband to my health insurance right now?? I am employed by city government and I wonder how will I get my husband on my plan as he hasn't received his social security # yet. Thanks. BTW, my husband entered this country legally but overstayed his visa. I am applying for an adjustment of status for him.
--------------------
The health insurance company doesn't necessarily need an SSN to be able to add him on to your insurance. You can ask them and simply let them know that you just got married and still in the process of doing the paperwork. Also, just to correct what has been mentioned above, he will not be denied merely because of the overstay. The Immigration and Nationality Act clearly states this.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment