Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Do you think your health insurance rates should be linked to how much money you make?

How is that fair? Why should a guy that makes $100k have to pay more for health insurance than a guy that makes $50k?
--------------------
2.2 percent profit is too much. I am for a single payer system. "I happen to be a proponent of single payer or universal health care coverage. That's what I'd like to see." - 2003 "My committment is to make sure that we have universal health care for all americans by the end of my first term as president...I would hope that we set up a system that allows those who can go through their employer to assess a federal system, or a state pool of some sort. But I don't think that we are going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately, there's gonna be poptentially some transition process I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out." - March 2007 "If I were designing a system from scratch, I would probably go ahead with a single-payer system," said then-Senator Obama. "I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its gross national product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody." - Aug 2008. "The public option is not your enemy, it is your friend." - June 2009 "I have not said that I am a supporter of a single-payer system," - August 2009 "Nobody is talking about some government takeover of health care." - August 2009
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment