Thursday, July 28, 2011

As a student, can health insurance skip semesters?

i am 20 years old, a student, and on my parents' health insurance plan. i am switching programs and i've completed all the pre-reqs for the new program, but it does not start until the fall semester so i have no classes that i need to take for the spring unless i somehow fail one of my classes this semester. i would prefer to not take classes just for the sake of keeping the health insurance going. can i remove myself from the policy for the spring semester due to not being a full time student and then be re-added in the fall when i become a full time student again?
--------------------
Yes. You can. My brother did that. He flunked out of school and got a job. Then when he was ready to go back to school he got back on my mom's insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment