Monday, April 25, 2011

My wife is on my work's health insurance plan. Can she use my insurance card to go to the doctor?

They never sent her insurance cards even though she is on the plan. The agent said she would get her cards in 2 weeks and she never did. Then I went online to try and order the cards, and they just sent me duplicates of my cards, not hers. I e-mailed them yesterday about this annoying issue but haven't yet received a response. She needs to go to the doctor sooner rather than later. We use Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield.
--------------------
Sometimes they issue the card in the policy holders name. This happened to me with my husband's former job. He had Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois. He got his card but I never got one nor the kids. I kept waiting and was freaking out and upset. So, he called them and was told they give one card per family and that is with the policy holders name on it. However, we could request more cards but his name would be on it. They sent us cards and sure enough his name was on it. So, I go to the doctor and told them his employer changed providers and gave them the insurance card with his name on it. They took it and asked no questions. They made a copy and handed my card back to me. So they must be familiar with this now because apparently more than one provider is doing this now. So, tell your wife not to worry.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment