Monday, April 25, 2011

If I am resigning from my job, when will my health insurance end?

I wanted to get a couple of doctor's appointments in before I lose my insurance- does it end when I turn in my resignation letter or my last day of work? If anyone is familiar with 1199's union that would be really helpful! Thanks!
--------------------
The best thing you have going for you is COBRA,this law means that you can keep your company's health insurance for 36 months after you leave. You must pay what they pay for the insurance. Your insurance will end as of your last day on the job,but if you elect to keep your insurance then it continues as if you were still employed...Now you may have been paying zero or half while employed but that will end on your last day.I hope this helps you. jack
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment