Saturday, March 19, 2011

Why should I get health insurance ?

I heard people saying to buy health insurance but why shall I, when I am healthy?
--------------------
That's the common thought by a lot of healthy people, myself included. Then I got pregnant. Do you know that you can have a pregnancy that costs $150,000 in medical bills? And I was rather healthy but a few small issues ran up the bill. Do you have the funds to cover that? Even small things like a broken bone can run up a serious dent in your budget. If you are really healthy, no need for a big and fancy policy that has lots of bells and whistles. You can get one that covers major medical only. Then if something major happens you do have the coverage you need. And regular doctor visits etc can be paid for out of pocket. I hope that helps - B
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment