Saturday, March 19, 2011

Can I make an appt with a dermatologist without having any health insurance?

I think I need to have a rather large mole on my neck sent for a biopsy and I do not have any insurance. I have a referal from my primary but I have heard that not only is it difficult to get an appt with a non-emergency request, but alos that a lot of doctors simply won't see someone without any insurance.
--------------------
Hi. If you have no insurance, most doctors will request that you pay for your visit when you go there. Dermatologists are very expensive. When i went recently, the visit alone was $200.00 ( not including what she did ). I had to pay the whole amount due before i left ( i have no health insurance ). Biopsies are very costly also. Yes, it is very hard to get appointments also. I had somewhat of an emergency, and had to wait 2 months. Welcome to the wonderful world of health care. I've never had a doctor turn me down for not having insurance, i just have to pay for it when i go ( which can be difficult sometimes ). Best of luck to you :-)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment