Saturday, March 19, 2011

help health insurance Question about merana?

I would Like to use Merana for a conterceptive. since I have problems taking birth control pill. i get sick on it. How would I find out if my health insurance would help pay for it? and also those who used this are you glad you did?
--------------------
You can contact your insurer and ask if an IUD is covered. (Mirena is one brand of IUD.) I had a Mirena, and it was covered by my insurance at the time I had it put in. As far as contraceptives go...I loved it. Was by far my favorite method of birth control that I've ever used. Once it was in, I could just forget about it - no remembering to take pills, no messy gels, etc. Of course, we had different insurance when I decided to get my Mirena removed. That insurance did not cover Mirena. Since it didn't cover Mirena to get implanted, it wouldn't cover getting Mirena removed either. Ended up paying $300 out of pocket for that. :( Overall though, my experience with Mirena was exceptionally positive. I just wish I didn't have to pay for the removal out of my own pocket. lol
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment