Saturday, March 19, 2011

Should I and my spouse carry each other on our health insurance through our work?

I have to make the yearly selections on my insurance benefits should I carry my spouse on mine and he carry me on his. Will this benefit us or hurt us
--------------------
There is no reason that both of you should be on each policy. You will not get double benefits. The way to approach it is to compare the plan features of each and take into account how much your employer contributes to the cost of the respective plans. If you consider your out of pocket cost (copays & deductibles) and what your monthly premium will be, net of the employer contribution, it should not be a problem to choose the one plan that is best combination of cost and benefits.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment