Thursday, February 24, 2011

teacher still under contract being asked to repay health insurance?

I'm a new teacher leaving on school district for another. I've given my notice and fulfilled all my contractual obligations but am currently under contract in my first school district until the end of August when I can start my new job. The old school district is demanding I pay back for my health insurance for the summer months. How is this possible when I'm still under their contract? I've had all the insurance deductions as normal throughout the year.
--------------------
You are under contract for them for a full year. If they paid your full annual salary, over the course of 10 months that you worked, you DO owe them premiums. They do NOT have to let you work out your contract. Confirm that with your union rep.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment