Thursday, February 24, 2011

If I get employer-provided health insurance, will I still have any freedom to choose what kind I want?

Say that I get a job, and one of my benefits as an employee is health insurance. Does this mean that I either have to (1) accept the employer's health insurance unconditionally or (2) refuse and find an insurance company to get health insurance from OR, are people able to negotiate what kind of insurance they want with their employers? Or do some companies allow negotiation and others don't? I don't get it. Does accepting employer-provided health insurance mean you lose freedom to choose or something? Thanks.
--------------------
There are many variable factors here. It would depend on who your employer's health care provider is. What plans are offered. What percentage, if any, does your employer pay toward the premiums. If your employer has a specific benefits department to shop for and negotiate with different health care providers. It sounds like you don't have the job yet, so maybe you should worry about first things first.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment