Thursday, February 24, 2011

question about preexisting health issues with new health insurance?

My husband is about to get laid off, and I am currently feeling as though I have diabetes. I have an appointment next thursday for it, however, what will happen if I do have it, will the other health insurance he'll get with another job cover my meds?
--------------------
Preexisting health issues only come up if you go uninsured for a while and have a gap in your coverage. I believe you can go up to 68 days without insurance before you are labeled as previously uninsured or having a gap in insurance. If that happens, you are in trouble. Every time you go see a doctor you will be scrutinized. May have to prove that even a new problem is not preexisting. Major head ache. If your husband gets laid off he should purchase COBRA insurance from the employer until he finds a new job with insurance. Call your husbands human resource people and they will explain all this to you. Do not go uninsured even for a day. Hope this helps.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment