Thursday, February 24, 2011

Does a baby need Health insurance right when the baby is born? ?

How much does it usually cost? ....... Is it the law that everyone HAS to have health insurance or is it just really necessary? My parents still pay for mine cause im 16. But the doctor said that its my job to make sure it has health care. So is it possible that the baby can get free health care? Like is there a program that offers you any health care for your baby?
--------------------
Yes, your baby will need coverage. I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 20 and was still on my parents insurance so all I did was pay my co-pay and I was covered. They covered my daughter as well after I added her to our policy as long as I pay about 100 bucks a month for her and a little for her visit for her vaccines, check up. It's extremely important to have coverage for your child. You may need to take him/her to the hospital and without coverage you'll pay more for one visit to the e.r. then you would for a whole year of insurance coverage. There's medicaid you can get, I looked into it, but since I had coverage and had the ability to put her on mine it wasn't something I wanted to do. Just look into it, you have to do research a/t everything..pregnancy, your baby, you need to be extremely prepped for what's gonna happen.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment