Saturday, January 22, 2011

Is credit used in determining health insurance rates?

I am licensed in GA for property & casualty insurance, so I know credit is used to help determine rates for auto & homeowners insurance, but it is considered in health insurance?
--------------------
The first 10 years of my "insurance life" were doing only commercial property and casualty. I started selling life and health in 1994. I currently do both, and have no companies that require a credit check on the L&H side. I believe that is because there can be no financial gain on the L&H side (except for death in life insurance, and you don't gain because you are dead!). Even though insurance is designed to make you whole and put you where you were before the loss, you can lose your home to a fire, and be better off than you were before the loss occured. This is because everything that you own now is new, and what you lost in the fire could be stuff that has depreciated down to practically no value. Of course, you would need replacement cost coverage for this to happen.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment