Saturday, January 22, 2011

How can I get Health Care without Insurance??

My boyfriend and I are responsible, working people who have enough money to pay for a doctor's visit and medication but who cannot afford health insurance payments every month. As far as I know, there are NO doctors who see you without health insurance. I know about Urgent Care places, have waited in lines with underprivileged children and it's not the place for us. Does anyone have any advice that would lead us to a - doctor's - care?
--------------------
If you can pay for it in full at the time of the visit, they will see you. Almost all of them take cash, checks, debit and credit cards. A lot of them even offer discounts to cash payers now, since they have to wait so long for the person's insurance to cut them a check. You can see any doctor you want if you can pay for it. We don't have insurance either, my hubby and I both work for small businesses. I was worried about not having it at first, because I had always had it until about 3 years ago, but we are spending less now just paying when we go than we would be paying premiums. We are looking into hospitalization and catastrophic illness policies, but I'll never throw my money away again on premiums just for office visits and drugs. It only makes sense if you have a chronic condition.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment