Wednesday, January 26, 2011

After marriage, can i still remain a dependent of my parents and use their health insurance?

My Peruvian fiance and I are thinking about getting married (only civil ceremony) now, in order to be able to have a religious ceremony in Peru next year and start working on getting his visa to the U.S. My only concern is that, if im legally married, I wont be able to be my parents dependent any more, and therefore loose my health insurance. If there is no way to get around that, we will have to wait to get married because Im 21 and a college student... and obviously need health insurance...
--------------------
No. Once you're married you're no longer a dependent. And getting coverage from your college is ridiculous advice. It's usually very expensive and horrible coverage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment