Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How can I get health insurance in WA state?

I am 27. I am currently not working and have money saved. I am going to need to get a hearing evaluation at University of WA and it will cost 900 dollars without health coverage. I have never bought health insurance before, can I pay it month to month? Or pay it for one month, to get my evaluation covered and then cancel it?
--------------------
Ms. Obsidianflowers, Your concept of insurance is misguided. Purchasing "insurance" to cover a known upcoming health expense and then canceling the insurance right after the company pays for the procedure is not the way health insurance works. Insurance is purchased to cover unexpected accidents or illness. What you are proposing is, pure and simple, cheating the people who do buy and pay for health insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment