Sunday, June 19, 2011

Would Jesus vote for a National Health Insurance to give free care to the poor, sick, and needy?

I think He would. Jesus has commanded us to help the poor, the unfortunate. I have read nothing in Jesus' words that would deny care to those who can not afford it. Isn't passing a "public option" the Christian thing to do?
--------------------
You beat me to the punch. I was about to ask the same thing. Yes, Jesus would vote for National Health Insurance. I think Jesus would give every worldly possession to save 1 person. I do think people of faith that vote against a plan that is INTENDED to help people are hypocrites. If Republican, let's say Bush, were to put forth the same plan Obama did. The majority of conservative would be for it. I don't know when saving people became a Liberal thing to do. I don't consider myself to be Liberal nor Conservative, but if it is only going to cost me money to give someone HOPE that they will live then I think we should do it. The good thing about this country is that it can change things. If a bill isn't working, then come back and fix it. But let's start saving lives, Jesus would.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment