Sunday, June 19, 2011

health insurance experts - an inexpensive health insurance for a college student in New York City?

the followings criteria must be met (due to my school's policy): 1. Medical and mental treatment in the NYC area that covers at least $100,000 (total) per sickness or accident; 2. Coverage for pre-existing conditions; 3. Medical evacuation and repatriation of at least $15000; 4. Repatriation of remains of at least $7500; and 5. A deductible not to exceed $500 per year. (I don't know what half of these words mean, haha) Anyone? I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a good suggestion. hopefully, I'd like to get an insurance under $1000 per academic year. thanks for comments!
--------------------
I'm guessing you're an international student, right? Contact an individual insurance agent to get quotes. I'd recommend one, but I don't know any in NY. Can the school recommend an agent or company? Ask their office for international students. Here's some definitions: PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS: Anything you have wrong with you or have seen a medical professional about in the period before coverage started. Usually the period is for 2 years, but could be longer. REPATRIATION OF REMAINS: Will pay to have your dead body returned to your home country if you should die while in the US. DEDUCTIBLE: The amount of the health care costs you must pay. For example, with a deductible of $500, you have to pay that amount before the insurance will pick up all costs, except for co-pays. CO-PAYS: The amount you have to pay for service. For example, under my insurance, at each office visit, I have to pay a co-pay of $20 just to go to the doctor, regardless of what the doctor charges the insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment