Monday, May 2, 2011

What do people spend on health insurance?

I will soon be graduating from college and am wondering how expensive is the real world. If I get a decent job out of college ($30-$50,000 a year - I don't know if that matters), and I get benefits from my job as a single person, how much does healthcare normally cost a person (excluding copays). How does that work?
--------------------
MOST people get coverage through their employer. For a single, healthy young person who's 25, a private good, low/no deductible policy would cost around $250 a month, without maternity coverage. To add that person to an employer's policy will cost, on average, $400 a month, but the employer usually picks up half the cost, at least - AND, includes maternity coverage. Family plans are much more expensive. The same plan for a family, privately, would cost around $1200 a month. Employers picking up half, that would leave you with about $600 out of pocket a month - what MY family pays for our group coverage through my husband's employer.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment