Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No health insurance, and I want to have a baby...?

I live in Phoenix, AZ, and my husband and I don't have health insurance yet. We've been getting quote after quote but they are all a bit high for our budget! Neither of us have the option of getting it through our jobs, so we are still searching. We really want kids, and I hate having to put my life on hold because I can't afford health insurance at this moment! Does anyone know of any options or Maternity coverage that is good in AZ? (and no, we don't qualify for AHCCSS)
--------------------
Maternity coverage is a prepayment plan with individual insurance. No legitimate insurance company is going to pay out more for your delivery than they receive in premium. If you do the math, after the extra premium for the coverage multiplied by the waiting period you'll find that you'll pay more for the coverage than if you pay out of pocket unless you time the delivery just right. If you get pregnant most doctors and hospitals will accept payments. You do need insurance for complications. All major companies in AZ will cover complications of pregnancy, such as a C-section, even if the policy doesn't have maternity coverage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment